Sunday, October 3, 2010

Three's Company!

As if our life wasn't crazy enough we decided to adopt a third dog! This one is a 7 year old yorkie. His family must have been going through hard times because they left him at a shelter in Camden. We saw him there last Saturday but his information sheet said he was 11 years old. I said Oh NO!! I don't think I can go through another "old" dog right now, so we moved on through the shelter. No other dog jumped out at us like our first two had so we left. All night and all day Sunday I was sad, this little guy was on my heart. I kept thinking no one wants old dogs, he will be put to sleep and I couldn't stand this idea. I know they have to do that some places and that there were other dogs at the shelter that would be put to sleep soon and this makes me VERY sad, but for some reason I couldn't get this particular dog off my mind. 
On Wednesday Stephen and I talked more about him and we decided that old dog or not we could give him a good home and LOTS of love. I was praying that he was still there or had been adopted, not euthanized. I called the shelter Thursday and they told me he had been taken by a rescue group in Camden and gave me their information. I called them and found out they had taken the little guy to the vet and had his teeth taken care of and his shots updated and a full physical. They also found out that the shelter information was wrong and after contacting his previous family for confirmation told me he was actually 7 not 11 years old!!!
Needless to say this was music to my ears. A 7 year old yorkie! I couldn't believe it, we could have MANY more years with him! So we arranged to meet at the rescue's home, they actually run the rescue out of their home and farm. We got there and met the nicest two guys with huge hearts for all animals. We gave them a donation that doesn't nearly cover how much care they gave to our new doggie, and we were on our way home! The girls were excited and we made sure they were gentle but the first meeting went well.




We have named him Sgt. Pepper to go along with Sexy Sadie and Lucy in the Sky! On Friday after work we all walked and it was great. We have had many more walks since then and everyone is getting along better and better. Stephen and I are keeping an eye on everything but things are going REALLY well. I am SOOOO excited to have a little dog again, and that my wonderful girls are behaving the way I knew they would. It's gonna be an adjustment for us all but we are ready for it. God keeps giving us the perfect dogs, I am so thankful for the blessing of my animals, they bring so much joy to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment