Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Perfect Saturday Adventure

A few weeks ago we decided to see how far it is from our house to Starbucks at Sandhills. In the car it was about 2 1/2 miles. I thought well that's not too bad, we should start walking/jogging that on Saturdays. Last Saturday we walked there and Luke picked us up in the Tahoe and brought us home. It was a lot of fun. 


Last night we went on one of our regular walks, but decided to check out some trails in the woods we had seen the weekend before that are close to our neighborhood. We ended up kinda lost but eventually found our way home, and had a lot of fun. During our "lost" walk I discovered what I was pretty certain were trails I had been on before that connect to the Sandhill's Clemson Park. 

This morning I eventually dragged Stephen out of bed and we got Sadie and Lucy's back packs ready to go with water bottles, a bowl, and plenty of poop bags. We also got the brand new doggie sling I got on sale for Pepper. Poor guy can't keep up our pace for as long as the rest of us and my arms get tired of holding him. The sling is like one you can use for babies, except it has straps to attach to a dogs harness, etc. So we started off down the street and found our trails from the night before. We had a few "discussions" on which direction to go a few times, but being that I have a good sense of direction I usually won, or we turned around. Well we eventually made it to Starbucks and everyone had a chance to rest, drink water, and I got a coffee!! We also met a couple who also had their 2 dogs with them. They mentioned hoping to come every Saturday, just like my plan! So I hope we get to meet them again. 

Stephen and our 3 dogs at Starbucks
Pepper and his sling after a walk
We sat for about half an hour and then headed back home through Sandhills park. There were once again a few wrong turns, but it was easier than on the way there. It was such a great morning and we ended up walking about 6 miles! So really great exercise for all of us too. We made sure to stretch when we got home so we can get up and walk the neighborhood in the morning. It was so nice to be in the woods on a trail with just Stephen and our 3 dogs. I kept saying "This is like a hiking trip but we are SO close to home!" and "You would never even know that so many houses and businesses are close by, I LOVE THIS!" This was my perfect Saturday adventure, and I hope to make it a weekly adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment